Frequently Asked Questions
| FAQs | PHOTO GALLERY | PLANS | HISTORY | USAGE |
Who are the friends of the Del Oro Pool and what are they looking to accomplish?
What are the goals of the Capital Campaign?
- The Friends of the Del Oro Pool is a volunteer organization whose purpose is to raise the needed funds, and work with the Placer Union High School District on the design and construction of the new aquatic facility to better serve the needs of Del Oro High School and the Loomis Community.
What's included as part of rebuilding the Del Oro pool?
- An initial goal of $2,400,000 will be enough for the first phases of construction. In order to build the entire facility plans we need to raise $-6 million. Construction is anticipated to begin the fall of 2015. Phase I includes competition pool only and a prefabricated building for new bathrooms and locker rooms.
Why contribute to rebuild the Del Oro High School Pool?
- 35M x 25Y Competitive pool (14 lanes: 12 at 7’ depth; 2 at 4’ depth)
- 39' x 26' Therapy pool
- Terraced pool deck areas; taking advantage of the natural slope of the site
- Shaded bleachers
- Events lawn area
- Snack bar and dry storage area
- Restroom and locker facilities w/ outdoor showers
- Lifeguard and first aid station
- Therapy room and conferencing area w/ separate therapy office
- Storage areas for pool equipment, lane lines, and pool cover reels
- A digital scoreboard
- Pool lighting and speaker system
- Direct access to Del Oro High School playfields for special events
How will the new pool contribute to the high school and the Loomis community at large?
- By donating to rebuild the Del Oro pool, you will help to continue a legacy of competitive and community water sports for not only the high school, but the community as well. The new facility will teach water safety, foster competitive and community water polo and swim programs, and will service the need for therapeutic water programs for rehabilitation, special needs, and the elderly.
What are the different sources of funding expected for this project?
- This new facility will better accommodate current users which include Del Oro High PE classes, swim and water polo teams, the Loomis Basin Dolphins summer recreational swim team, learn to swim programs, and community open swim. The competition pool will also be a viable home for a year-round swim team, masters swim programs, scuba instruction, kayak training, and life-saving programs. The capability of hosting up to collegiate-level water polo games will also make the facility an attractive venue for water polo tournaments. The aquatic therapy pool will allow for the opportunity to partner with the medical community for aquatic therapy. With its smaller size, warmer water and shallow depth, it will also offer programs for seniors, infants and toddlers, and people with special needs.
How can I donate?
- The different sources of funding include: grants, fundraisers, local business partnerships, and a capital campaign that seeks corporate sponsorships and private donations.
If the project is only partially funded, will there be a priority for construction?
- Checks should be written to PUHSD. All donations are tax deductible and are deposited directly into a special account managed by the Placer Union High School District which will only be used to improve the Del Oro pool. Credit card donations can be made through PayPal on our website: www.deloroaquaticcenter.com.
What is the Million Dollar Challenge?
- If the pool is partially funded, the priority will be to repair the existing pool; widening it to more lanes, re-plastering, and replacing old equipment. Any funds raised for the Del Oro pool will be spent on the Del Oro pool. A phased construction plan is a viable way for the pool to be completed over time if the total funds are not raised by the targeted goal.
- It is a private matching grant which offers to match any donation received up to $1,000,000.